It’s not a secret that I haven’t been reading a lot the last couple of years. I’m pretty sure that I burned out, actually? Yet 2021 started sur les chapeaux de roues and I’m so excited about reading again! I thought I’d list the books I’m most excited about reading, so here we go!
- Return of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner : Eugenides is one of my all-time-favorite character and I’m so excited about reading the last book of this beloved series!
- Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong : I’m so scared, alright??? But it seems that I like torturing myself (PLEASE DON’T DIE OKAY)
- Chainbreaker by Tara Sim : I’ve read the first book a while ago and never came back to it even though I really liked it, so it is time!
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang : Again, I absolutely ADORED The Poppy War back when I read it and I genuinely don’t understand why I still haven’t read the sequel.
- Jade War by Fonda Lee : This one has been on my kindle since its release, and to be honest, I’ve been SCARED TO DEATH about reading it because Fonda Lee’s characters mean so much to me. But 2021 will be the year I stop being a coward, SO. Here we go.
- Darling by Kayla Ancrum : The Wicker King is one of my favorite book of all times, and I simply adore K. Ancrum’s writing. Plus it’s a thriller!! So exciting!
- A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee : Someday I’ll be brave enough to write a post explaining why Victoria’s duology meant so much to me, but until then, I’ll be impatiently waiting for their dark academy sapphic new novel 😍
- Twice Shy by Sarah Hogle : You Deserve Each Other ruined me in the best way possible and was one of my favorite book of last year, so of course I cannot wait to get my hands on Twice Shy!
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang : I’m 100% here for Quang and the OCD rep!!!!
- One Last Stop by Casey Mcquiston : it’s sapphic!! there’s time-travel!!! 🥰
- The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri : if you haven’t read Empire of Sand, what are you waiting for???? It’s so well-crafted and filled with such endearing characters 🥰 You just have to meet them!
As some of you well know, I haven’t been reading a lot those past two years, that’s why there are so many of them that are already out *hides*. But don’t they look fantastic???
- Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia : already out!
- The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by K.S. Villoso : already out!
- She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Shan : released on July 20th
- Honey Girl by Morgan Rogers : released on February 23rd
- Counting Down with You by Tashie Bhuiyan : released on May 4th
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko : already out!
- The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo : already out!
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett : already out!
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow : already out!
- Wild Women and the Blues by Denny S. Bryce : released on March 30th
- Meet Cute Diary by Emery Lee : released on May 4th
- A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske : released on November 2nd
- The Chosen and the Beautiful by Nghi Vo : released on June 1st
- The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu : already out!
So many books, right???