(there will be SPOILERS 🥺)
Alright. Let’s talk about all the ways The Prenup was an epic FAIL for me:
- The hero is a cheater (emotional cheating is a thing, okay) ;
- the heroine has a stereotypical gay best friend who only exists to uplift her because of course, gay people have no real need, they live to serve their straight friends, really ;
- THE HERO IS A CHEATER ;
- the hero is also a coward, who waits for the very last page to get his shit together ;
- “We should probably find out sooner rather than later if we can tolerate each other, no?” introduces the only (fade to black) sex scene, because that’s just so exciting isn’t it ;
- it’s 2021 and the heroine still says things like, “that person is my spirit animal” oh, fuck you ;
- the heroine and her parents are very very rich and somehow I’m supposed to like them??? How??? I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO EAT THE RICHS. I don’t give names to my food, that’s just gross, ugh ;
- both MCs have no real personality except for wanting (and mostly failing) to bone each other;
- I’ve written “hero” and “heroine” because for the life of me, I can’t remember their names and my memory isn’t that bad?? Help?
- I CAN’T BELIEVE I’VE SPENT HALF OF THE BOOK NOT AWARE THAT THE HERO HAD A FIANCEE ;
- said fiancée is pictured as a harpie, because of course.
I do love romance novels, but this? Absolutely not.