Finally! January and February were amazing months because I started reading and writing reviews again 😭 If you’ve ever had a reading slump (and who haven’t?), you know how blissful it feels when it stops at last. So what were my favorite books during these two months? Fantasy novels, of course, but surprisingly, there are quite a few science-fiction books in my top ten list. Perhaps 2021 really is the year I’ll thrive with them? Let’s hope!
Before we start : I’m hosting an INTL giveaway on Twitter to win one of those amazing books (see at the end of the post for details)
But without waiting more, here are the novels that brightened the first two months of the year! For the books I didn’t review, I’ve linked to reviews written by amazing bloggers (seriously, I’m such in awe 😭).
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas : young adult fantasy → read Fadwa’s fantastic review
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson : young adult fantasy → read my review
- Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender : young-adult contemporary → read Chaima’s review, it’s wonderful!
- These Violent Delights (These Violent Delights, #1) by Chloe Gong : young-adult fantasy → I fell in love with CW’s review, go read it!
- The Space Between Worlds by Micaiah Johnson : adult science-fiction → read Chaima’s beautiful review
- Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell : adult science-fiction → I’m currently rewriting my review after a reread so I’ll update after!
- The Electric Heir (Feverwake, #2) by Victoria Lee : young adult dystopia → read my review on Goodreads
- A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan, #1) by Arkady Martine : adult science-fiction → read my review
- Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse : adult fantasy → read my review
- A Desolation Called Peace (Teixcalaan, #2) by Arkady Martine : adult science-fiction → read my review
Twitter Giveaway – Click on the picture below to enter! Good luck!
- RT + Follow @afoxwanderings before 13/03 GMT.
- Participants must be over 18.
- Winner will be picked randomly using Tweetdraw.
- Winner will be announced on Twitter on 14/03.
- Winner will be contacted via Twitter (direct message) and must answer within 4 days, or I’ll pick another winner (sorry about that!)